a newsgroup?

Martin C. Mueller mcm "at" itwm.uni-kl.de
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:30:31 +0000

> Date:          Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:48:07 +0100 (MET)
> From:          Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl>
> To:            Stuart <stuart "at" durge.org>
> Cc:            vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk
> Subject:       Re: a newsgroup?

> On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Stuart wrote:
>
> > Having only just subscribed to the mailing list, and wading through lots
> > of posts, I was wondering if a newsgroup or two (eg ...vnc.d and
> > ...vnc.announce) might not be a bad idea?  Sorry if this has already been
> > discussed.
>
> Well, newsgroups draw more spammers then I do care to see. I guess they
> outclass sirup (I have not seen sirup draw as many flies as I have had
> spams after using use(less)net for a while.)
>
> So I would be glad to keep things as they are now.

I second this. However, I like the suggestion of a low-volumes
announcement list for people who just want to stay informed but don't
want to receive over 21 messages a day (average of this month, count
courtesy by findmail :-) ). I enjoy this kind of service with
several other products very much.

Just my 2pc,
MCM

Martin C. Mueller           |              Institut fuer
Mail: mcm "at" itwm.uni-kl.de    |  Techno- und WirtschaftsMATHEMATIK e.V.
Tel.: 0631/205-4472         |        Abteilung Prof. Dr. Hamacher
Fax.: 0631/205-4139         |         http://www.itwm.uni-kl.de
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern