idea: vncd

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat "at" nag.cs.colorado.edu
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 01:18:13 +0000

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Peter C. Tribble wrote:

> Well, they have to connect somehow. In our system the user clicks on a
> "start a vnc session" link in their browser and, after a little bit of
> fiddling about (the first time through they have to set up a password)
> the vnc session is started for them and they can connect directly to
> it.

	Hmm... That is definetly one solution. I would like to stick
to using the windows binary instead of Java. Both work equally well, but
the windows binary is faster and a bit more flexible than the Java client.
Also, my users prefer the windows binary to the Java client as well.
Thanks for the idea.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat "at" nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |