idea: vncd

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat "at" nag.cs.colorado.edu
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 01:18:07 +0000

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> For multiple ports to work you need to change the code. For a single port
> solution one could try to fix the lot with some scripts and so.

	I am well aware of this, but it should not be a major fix. Just
add an option that enables some handshaking code in the client before the
client moves into its current behavior. The server side would require no
modification, just the addition of a new/seperate program to perform the
starting of Xvnc servers as per user's request. The server would probably
be pretty simple to write, the client modifications (at least on the
Windows side) would be more difficult. Of course the 'vncd' could be
rolled into Xvnc as a special behavior, but I think that would be
unnecessarily bloating it.
	Now, I wish I could find the time to do the needed coding. But
since I can't, are they any volunteers? :)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat "at" nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |