redhat 5 with VNC

Robert Tennent rdt "at" qucis.queensu.ca
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:22:41 +0000

 > Can someone help me get redhat 5 working with VNC?  I installed vnc and edited
 > vncserver to reflect to where classes are, yet when I run Xvnc
 >
 > [thyle "at" belmont vnc]$ ./Xvnc
 >
 > Fatal server error:
 > Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running
 >
 > it says that, and also does not work when I run it from outside X
 > help?

There is an rpm available in the Hurricane contrib directories.
But I would guess that your problem is that you should have run
vncserver rather than Xvnc directly.  Also check out the missing
line in vncserver discussed in the VNC FAQ.

Bob T.