redhat 5 with VNC

David Cougle thyle "at"
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:22:38 +0000

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, you bellowed:
>On Thu, Mar 12, 1998 at 11:06:41AM -0600, David Cougle wrote:
>> Can someone help me get redhat 5 working with VNC?  I installed vnc and edited
>> vncserver to reflect to where classes are, yet when I run Xvnc
>> [thyle "at" belmont vnc]$ ./Xvnc
>> Fatal server error:
>> Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running
>> it says that, and also does not work when I run it from outside X
>> help?
>Try running it with the vncserver command instead. Make sure your fonts are
>either uncompressed or run a font server and modify the vncserver perl script
>to use the font server as its fontpath.
>Karl Hakimian
>hakimian "at"
[thyle "at" belmont vnc]$ dir
LICENCE.TXT       README.vncserver  classes           vncserver
README            Xvnc              vncpasswd         vncviewer
[thyle "at" belmont vnc]$ ./vncserver
bash: ./vncserver: No such file or directory

lastbard on AOL instant messanger
"We will not be the alternative, we will set the trend"