Trying to compile on AIX 4.1.5

thierry.van-mol@CIEV.vd.ch thierry.van-mol "at" CIEV.vd.ch
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:27:47 +0000

Hi,

I am new to VNC, and I tried to compile it under AIX 4.1.5.
When I try to compile vncviewer, it fails with following messages:

gcc -O  -I../include -I.    -DSYSV -DAIXV3      -c listen.c -o listen.o=

listen.c: In function `listenForIncomingConnections':
listen.c:44: `fd_set' undeclared (first use this function)
listen.c:44: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
listen.c:44: for each function it appears in.)
listen.c:44: parse error before `fds'
listen.c:74: `fds' undeclared (first use this function)
listen.c:80: `FD_SETSIZE' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [listen.o] Error 1

FD_SETSIZE looks like a macro, but I don't find anywhere where
this macro is defined. Do I missing something? I noticed that
the compressed tar file I downloaded was 1.2 M while the web
page was saying it should be 1.5 M. But if this file was truncated I
shouldn't have been able to uncompress and untar it, wright?

Thanks for the help,

Thierry

=