WinVNC - Arguments (was Re: WinVNC Auto Install....)

Patrick Wong pwong "at" wawanesa.com
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:52:39 +0000

What do you mean "as a service (installed with SRVANY from the Resource
Kit)"?
Are you running the WinVNC on a NT Server machine or NT Workstation? or
Does it have any difference?
Can some one fill me in on this?

Other question, is the Ctrl-Alt-Del, I search the mailing list archive,
there was an post stated that if the WinVNC is running as NT service,
then the viewer can send "Ctrl-Alt-Del" to the VNC server. Would someone
comment on this one? Is this possible and how to have it work.

Somebody feel free to spawn a new thread if my two questions may get
into very deep and long decision.

dave w capella wrote:

> >1. Which arguments are accepted by WinVNC? In particular, is there any way to
> >eliminate the icon in the tray?
>
> now that i run it as a service (installed with SRVANY from the Resource Kit),
> there is no longer any icon.
> ...dave
> +---------Cornell University----+-mailto:dave.capella "at" cornell.edu-+
> |  \\|//  Facilities Management | http://wizard.fac.cornell.edu/  |
> |  (O O)  programmer/analyst    | main(){while(1);}  //in a rut?  |

Patrick Wong                                       Phone: (204)-985-3974
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Co.                        Fax: (204)-947-5192
Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada                       e-mail:pwong "at" wawanesa.com