Xvnc port to windows ?

Edward Avis EPA "at" datcon.co.uk
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 18:23:21 +0000

>Did someone consider an Xvnc port to windows 95/nt ?

I played with this a little, trying to compile it using Cygwin32
(http://www.cygnus.com/gnu-win32).  I didn't manage to compile Xvnc, there
were missing libraries, and while I could have persevered, I didn't have
time.  I did manage to compile vncviewer (the X version) for Cygwin32, but
it couldn't connect to the local machine.

Now that Cygwin32 beta 19 is out, when I have more time I could try again -
or maybe there's someone out there who would be better placed than me (I
don't really have a clue about X programming) to get this stuff to work.

(Cygwin32, BTW, is a Unix layer on top of Win32.  It comes with gcc, bash,
and loads of other stuff, and will compile lots of Unix applications for
Win32 either "out of the box", or with a bit of Makefile hacking.  It's
free software (GPL) and comes highly recommended.)

--
Ed Avis
epa "at" datcon.co.uk