idea: vncd

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat "at" nag.cs.colorado.edu
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:12:42 +0000

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998 ganesh "at" cse.iitb.ernet.in wrote:

> Hi,
> 	maybe we should have a vncd on a server to which your client can
> connect, authenticate itself using username,password. vncd then starts
> Xvnc -once (+ options from user's dotfiles). This would help if you just
> want single sessions and don't want to keep telnetting to start/kill Xvnc.

	I second this idea! It would really make it easier for a user
(non-Linux guru) to use vnc, especially without having to telnet in, or
worrying about having to kill the vnc server when they are done. That way,
they can log in using the vnc viewer, do what they want to do, and then
log out, not have to worry about anything else. I would be more than glad
to help with this, but I am over committed as it is!

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat "at" nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |