[Fwd: Vncviewer problem with RedHat 5.0(i386)]

Yuxin Ruan yruan2 "at" vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:54:27 +0000

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Eric Jones wrote:

> Derek R. Pizzagoni wrote:
> So has anyone tried running the NT vncserver as a service using SRVANY
> from the resource kit? Sounds like it wouldn't work, but you gotta be
> curious.

I am interested as well. But I believe the biggest complain is to login
after reboot NT, that require hook into the NT security service.

> Is there any way to boot NT, bypass the login screen, and bring up a
> user desktop automatically?

The answer is yes. But you run a mjor security risk.
Just fire up regedit.exe. and have
  \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

add key(it should have type [REG_SZ])
  AutoAdminLogon
and set value to "1"

Also set default domain/user/passwd etc under the same branch.

That should do it.

  Yuxin