DOS apps under VNC

Robert DAWSON rdawson "at" ords.co.nz
Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:36:33 +0000

Basically, you can't (yet (I think)). But you can run notepad, type into that,
and then ctrl-c the text and hit the paste button on the dos window - clumsy,
but if your remotely working, and *need* a dos box, it can work.

On a related note, I don't think you can maximise the dos window either -
another pity, because that would minimise the info that has to travel... or
would it? anyone?

oh, and don't forget the CR-LF at the end of the line... :-)

If someone wants to fix the server so you *can* type into dos boxes, that would
make my day :-)

Subject:    DOS apps under VNC
Author: "Joseph H. Blankenship" <joey.blankenship "at" piedmont.net>
Date:       9/03/98 13:58

This may be a FAQ, but here goes.  When running VNC server on a Win95
machine and starting a DOS box, I can't get any keyboard input to go into
the DOS box.  Windows apps seem to work fine.  Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to have all keystrokes sent to the server?  It would
be nice to send Alt-Tab and Print Screen.

Thanks in advance,
Joey.