DOS apps under VNC

Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:34:34 +0000

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Yuxin Ruan wrote:

> The first one is indeed a FAQ by now;)
> Just goto your server setup and select Poll Console Windows Only.(right
> click on the VNC icon on the taskbar, if your server runs on Win)
> p.s. On the Windows side, I can select Console Polling only after select
> Polling Window Under Cursor, does anyone know why?

I was under the impression that the original problem was one to do with
DOS boxes not receiving keystrokes in the first place, not just one of
them not then redisplaying the characters typed, in which case polling the
window won't help.

As for the DOS box updating, given that it's received some input, this
requires one or more of these three settings:

Poll Full Screen,
Poll Foreground Window (does the window with the focus)
Poll Under Cursor (does the one under the mouse)

The Poll Console Windows Only and Poll On Events Only are modifiers on the
Foreground Window and Under Cursor options - the only effect that they
have is to restrict the number of windows that the other two options will
actually cause to be polled.

I hope that helps you out.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall