problems

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 13:46:04 +0000

> > Okay, heres an pieve of X.log
> >
> > Any ideas??
> > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> > Xlib: connection to "steel:1.0" refused by server
>
> Obviously you have not allowed that system to work with that display. You
> even have to do it for your own system. A quick fix would be to add a line
> to the start of xstartup
>
> 	xhost +localhost
>
> or
> 	xhost: +client.domain.com

If this is the Xauthority problem that I think it is, a neater solution is to
add an extra line to the vncserver script - where it stores the magic cookie
for the display "hostname:1", you also need to add the same cookie for display
"hostname/unix:1", i.e. where you have

  system("xauth -f $xauthorityFile add $host:$displayNumber . $cookie");

add another line

  system("xauth -f $xauthorityFile add $host/unix:$displayNumber . $cookie");

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)