Need help on Java - WinVNC set up

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 19:45:18 +0000

> I have the WinVNC running on NT 4.0 machine. On the network, I am trying
> to access the html with embeded applet. The WinVNC server keep replying
> file not found.
>
> I try to put testing.htm in the same direcotry as WinVNC
>
> http://x.x.x.x:5800/testing.htm
>
> or copy the file testing.htm to c:\temp\testing.htm and use
>
> http://x.x.x.x:5800/temp/testing.htm.
>
> Same result. Any idea?

The only URL it makes sense to request from WinVNC's http server is

	http://xxxx:5800/

It only serves this page (which it generates on the fly) and the java class
files which are embedded in the executable.  It doesn't serve any files from
your file system.

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |