strange startup message

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 19:21:16 +0000

> when starting this brilliant vnc, i get this 'number found ...''
> message; as far as i can
> see, this is not ending in a misbehaviour of vnc - just like'd to know
> what it means!
>
> *joerg "at" rockit:/home/joerg > vncserver
> *Number found where operator expected at (eval 38) line 1, near ") 0"
> *       (Missing operator before 0?)

If anyone knows what produces this message and what it means, could they let
us know?  We've had a couple of reports of this message and another report of
a similar but even stranger message:

  String found where operator expected at (eval 42) line 1, near "'long
  unsigned' 'int'"
    (Missing operator before  'int'?)
  String found where operator expected at (eval 83) line 1, near "'unsigned
  short' 'int'"
    (Missing operator before  'int'?)

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |