ctrl alt del

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 19:14:23 +0000

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Quentin Stafford-Fraser wrote:

> >that will send ctrl alt del (and ctrl-alt-backspace would be nice) to the
> >machine your connected to.
>
> Even if we didn't have the desktop problem, I don't think simply
> synthesising the keystrokes for ctrl-alt-del works at the server end - there
> must be another way of simulating it.  Any ideas, anyone?

I understood Ctrl-Alt-Delete is specificly used for login. I am in no
way familiar enough with NT to be called an expert (and I like to keep
it that way!) but from reading stuff and having done some Citrix stuff I
guess things are rather more complicated.

I know that Citrix only works because they actually revamp large chunks of
code deep down in the core of NT. (Citrix is not an add-on or an
application!)

So if this is to succeed some needs to incorporate it into the core of NT.
This would require things like NDA's which are not compatible with the GPL
in any way.

So I would say this is a mission impossible.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)