svgalib port of vncviewer

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 12:43:03 +0000

> Attached is a snapshot of a port of vncviewer to svgalib. It's not
>complete, but fairly usable. Here's the README :

>Lastly, a BIG thank you to the ORL guys for making vnc freely available.
>VNC rules !
>
> Ganesh Varadarajan <ganesh "at" cse.iitb.ernet.in>
> Sitaram Iyer <sitaram "at" cse.iitb.ernet.in>

And a big thank you to you for this work.  This is something I've been
meaning to try for some time but you've saved me the trouble.  Some people
at the GGI project (www.ggi-project.org) have also been talking about doing
this for GGI.

It would be nice to distribute a three or four-floppy set including a basic
Linux and a viewer which would turn your old machines into VNC thin clients
without any need for X, Windows, DOS....

Quentin