Vncviewer problem with RedHat 5.0(i386)

Derek R. Pizzagoni drp "at" interlink.com
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 08:16:06 +0000

I just downloaded vnc for Linux, and when I try to run the viewer, I get
the following:

[derek "at" bob ~/vnc]$ ./vncviewer sport:0
./vncviewer: VNC server supports protocol version 3.3 (viewer 3.3)
Password:
./vncviewer: VNC authentication succeeded
./vncviewer: Desktop name "sport"
./vncviewer: Connected to VNC server, using protocol version 3.3
./vncviewer: VNC server default format:
16 bits per pixel.
Least significant byte first in each pixel.
True colour: max red 31 green 31 blue 31
            shift red 10 green 5 blue 0
Using default colormap and translating to BGR233
Creating window depth 8, visualid 0x20 colormap 0x26
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  267
[derek "at" bob ~/vnc]$

As you can see, it is not working.  The viewer worked on Solaris 2.6 for
me just fine.  Is there something special I have to do for Linux?
Should I try recompiling?

--
Derek R. Pizzagoni
Unix Network Administrator/D.B.A.