Demo web pages - tarantella approach

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 14:47:34 +0000

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, James B. MacLean wrote:

> > >Has anyone seen SCO's Tarantella (http://tarantella.sco.com)?
>
> Tarantella chooses to send out one application to the Browser/Viewer as
> apposed to the whole X session. Is this being considered at all for VNC?
> This approach I expect also matches the CitRix Win/NT solution?

Nope. Citrix is similarto X11 and VNC in the regard of sending the whole
screen instead of just a single application. X11 can ctually do both. If I
set DISPLAy to another Xserver on which I am allowed to display things I
can send a single application to another schreen.

> I ask for the reason of introducing Windows users to Unix apps. It would
> appear easier to give them one application to learn instead of a new
> desktop... etc... And if it were to look like just another window...

Then install a X server on your desktop and start application by
application.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)