vncserver error message: unknown encoding type 3

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 14:29:42 +0000

>      rfbProcessClientNormalMessage: ignoring unknown encoding type 3

This message is caused by the Windows VNC viewer requesting a non-existent
encoding - it is a bug, but is completely harmless.  I believe your real
problem is the "No more processes" (EAGAIN) error as Karl Heinz Kremer has
pointed out and is fixed by Karl Hakimian's patch.

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |