Demo web pages - tarantella approach

James B. MacLean macleajb "at" Trademart-1.EDnet.NS.CA
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 12:20:34 +0000

> >Has anyone seen SCO's Tarantella (http://tarantella.sco.com)?

Tarantella chooses to send out one application to the Browser/Viewer as
apposed to the whole X session. Is this being considered at all for VNC?
This approach I expect also matches the CitRix Win/NT solution?

I ask for the reason of introducing Windows users to Unix apps. It would
appear easier to give them one application to learn instead of a new
desktop... etc... And if it were to look like just another window...

Just a thought,
JES
--
James B. MacLean        macleajb "at" ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education http://www.ednet.ns.ca/~macleajb