Visuals on Xvnc

Ivan Popov pin "at"
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 11:44:34 +0000

Hello world.

I am in the process of figuring out what decides which visual(s?) become
available on Xvnc server. Some programs are picky about available visuals.

I do not want to inherit any attributes of the X display I'm starting
Xvnc from, hence I do not run vncserver script. What arguments to
Xvnc are supposed to do the right thing (tm)?

I hope to avoid source reading just to understand this.

Documentation browsing did not give any useful ideas :(

Ivan Popov <pin "at">
Systemman, Driftavdelningen, Matematiska institutionen, Chalmers TH