vncviewer not accepting keyboard

James B. MacLean macleajb "at" Trademart-1.EDnet.NS.CA
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 11:38:44 +0000

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Ian Peake wrote:

> When I try to connect to it using Netscape 3.03/Java for Solaris,
> I can send mouse events (focus on and move window, bring up menu),
> but not keyboard events.  (Are they being sent to one of
> Ian
> Ian Peake                                      Phone:     + 61 7 3365 2097
> Centre for Software Maintenance                FAX:       + 61 7 3365 1428
> Dept. of Computer Sci. and Electrical Eng.     WWW: http://bounce.to/peaki
> University of Queensland 4072 AUSTRALIA        Email:   peaki "at" it.uq.edu.au

Possibly not connected, but here under Win95, if I alt-tab away from VNC
then sometime when I alt-tab back... No keyboard activity is sent to the
window. If I alt-tab away and back, the keyboard returns. Have not found
the exact way to reproduce it consistently, but thought it might be
relevant to report.

Later,
JES
--
James B. MacLean        macleajb "at" ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education http://www.ednet.ns.ca/~macleajb