vncviewer not accepting keyboard

James B. MacLean macleajb "at" Trademart-1.EDnet.NS.CA
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 11:38:44 +0000

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Ian Peake wrote:

> When I try to connect to it using Netscape 3.03/Java for Solaris,
> I can send mouse events (focus on and move window, bring up menu),
> but not keyboard events.  (Are they being sent to one of
> Ian
> Ian Peake                                      Phone:     + 61 7 3365 2097
> Centre for Software Maintenance                FAX:       + 61 7 3365 1428
> Dept. of Computer Sci. and Electrical Eng.     WWW:
> University of Queensland 4072 AUSTRALIA        Email:   peaki "at"

Possibly not connected, but here under Win95, if I alt-tab away from VNC
then sometime when I alt-tab back... No keyboard activity is sent to the
window. If I alt-tab away and back, the keyboard returns. Have not found
the exact way to reproduce it consistently, but thought it might be
relevant to report.

James B. MacLean        macleajb "at"
Department of Education
Nova Scotia, Canada