Hebrew and VNC

Yannai A. Gonczarowski yannaigo "at" leyada.jlm.k12.il
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 09:13:46 +0000

I installed WinVNC (server) on a computer running win95 with hebrew-
enabled. I ran vncviewer from an X system running linux.
English was okay.
Menus and windows were okay.
Hebrew fonts were okay.
Hebrew writing wasn't okay.
When I pressed Alt+Shift to switch to hebrew-writing mode (It
switched modes!), and tried to write in hebrew, nothing happened. The
only characters that were displayed were the ones existing in english
(pressing the ENGLISH key for semicolon produced a semicolon instead
of a hebrew character, and the HEBREW key for semicolon produced the
ENGLISH signal on it, and not semicolon).
I think this has to do with keyboard mapping.
Any Ideas?

Regards,
Yannai.