success on HPs

Karl Hakimian hakimian "at" aha.com
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 16:30:48 +0000

I got Xvnc (and the rest of the vnc stuff) working on HPUX 10.20. Here's
what I did.

The file libvncauth/d3des.c needs to be compiled with gcc.

Copy /usr/lib/X11/config/hp* to Xvnc/config

Alternatively, you can copy these files from any later version you have
installed.

Edit hp.cf Change or add the following lines

# The next line might want HPINPUT removed as well.
#define ExtensionOSDefines     -DHPINPUT # -DXTESTEXT1
#define XhpServer              NO
#define BuildXInputExt         NO

#define BuildPex     NO
#define BuildPexExt     NO
#define XvncServer   YES

In the directory Xvnc, run the vncxmkmf command

>From the top of your vnc tree, type

xmkmf
make world

The above failed for me when it tried to link Xvnc. It could not find
the library Xau (and I think some others). To fix that, I simply added
the library path to the Makefile in Xvnc/program/Xserver.

--
Karl Hakimian
hakimian "at" aha.com