Results of Running on AIX 4.1.5

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 11:44:45 +0000

> I hacked up the code a bit to compile on AIX (4.1.5 and 4.2.0). It's
> hobbling along, but is hard to start because it keeps giving :
>
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
> already running
>
> when there is an X file in /etc/.X11-unix. If  I delete that file, I can
> start it again...

With other platforms the unix domain socket is in /tmp/.X11-unix and it's
removed in the ddxGiveUp() routine in Xvnc/programs/Xserver/hw/vnc/init.c.
Try changing that to remove your file in /etc/.X11-unix and you should be OK.

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |