Problem with Win-32 server - Access-2.0 password

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 11:07:57 +0000

>    I have had trouble with getting this combination correctly
> authenticating when using Access-2.0 which is part of work group.
> When starting Access I see the dialogue box asking for user and password.
> If I type in the user and password remotely I always get an error message
> indicating user or password is wrong.  If however I type in user name
> remotely and then type password locally it logs in just fine.  The
> password is echoed as stars and I see the correct number of stars on
> both the remote and local screens.  The password contains both upper and
> lower case letters.

This is almost certainly the "right shift" problem which a couple of people
have now identified.  Try typing the password using the left shift key only.
Alternatively use the following workaround on the X display before running
vncviewer:

	xmodmap -e "keysym Shift_R = Shift_L"

Cheers

Tristan