Keyboard mapping

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 10:36:20 +0000

> I have a simple question.  I have found that on all the machines I've
> installed vnc-client on (all of which are linux).  The Right shift key
> is not sent to the VNC server (in this case win95), how ever the Left
> shift key works fine.   Is there a keyboard map I can edit in linux?

You're absolutely right - I'm surprised we've not come across this bug before.
There is a simple workaround which you can make on the linux box - do this on
the real X display, not inside a VNC desktop:

	xmodmap -e "keysym Shift_R = Shift_L"

Hope this fixes it.

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |