I read the docs and ...

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Mon, 02 Mar 1998 23:44:00 +0000

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Jim Jowski wrote:

> I have a working Xwindows setup under Linux 2.0.33 and X 6.3.
> I successfully untarred the binaries and the docs, changed the
> location for "$vncClasses" and was prompted for a password the
> first time I ran vncserver.  The only hangup is that it won't
> all a connect to the server and I keep getting an Error Number
> 111.  I normally run FVWM95 and not TWM but I'm not sure that
> this would be causing my problems.

I think your clients are not allowed to write to the desktop you just
created. Among the things I do in the startup is `xhost +localhost` so any
local client can display. (this is not extreemly safe though but will do
for the moment.)

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)