HP compile problems

Karl Hakimian hakimian "at" aha.com
Mon, 02 Mar 1998 22:14:02 +0000

I have been working on compiling vnc on the HPs. So far I have succeeded
with vncviewer, and I have made quite a bit of progress towered getting
the server to compile as well.

libvncauth did not compile out of the box. The file d3des.c in
libvncauth does not compile under the HP compiler. The problem seems to
be on HPs side. The good news is it compiles just fine under gcc.

The server is a bit bigger of a problem. After adding appropriately
edited config files for the hps, I have managed to get all the code to
compile, but I get the following error when trying to link.

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   XTestJumpPointer (code)
   XTestGetPointerPos (code)
   XTestGenerateEvent (code)

The file Xvnc/programs/Xserver/Xext/xtest1.frags tells me to implement
these and checkout server/ddx/hp/hp/x_hil.c for details. I have located
the appropriate files in the X11R6.3 release but I don't understand what
I'm trying to do well enough to finish the job. Any pointers would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Karl Hakimian
hakimian "at" aha.com