separate password for viewonly?

Mac Reiter MacReiter "at" bigfoot.com
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:51:16 +0000

At 02:08 PM 7/31/98 -0230, ae "at" play.psych.mun.ca wrote:

>Beg your pardon of this has been asked before, but if
>vnc implemented separate read-write and read-only passwords,
>then vnc would be equivalent to an X multiplexor.

[clip]

>Views?

When I was demoing this to people at work, I wanted to set it up for
view-only, but at the same time, I was wanting to use it for remote work,
which required view-modify.  I would have appreciated simply giving out the
view-only password and keeping the view-modify password to myself (as
Windows for Workgroups sharing does...)

Mac