VNC Server isn't closing connection after use ?

James [Wez] Weatherall jnw "at"
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:56:03 +0000

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Mein Name wrote:

> >> We think that the VNC Server is sending some Data to the client, when the
> >> Connection should be terminated.
> >
> >Yes, but what was the cause of the connection being terminated?  The
> >server being shut down or the remote client quitting?
> After terminating the connection from the client.

Ok.  When you run the server on a machine, do you see the green VNC icon
in the system tray?  When one or more connections are in progress, this
icon's colours will invert.  You could use this to test whether or not
WinVNC is noticing the client closing the connection on your system.

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000

The VNC mailing list     -   see