vncviewer: read failed

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:55:15 +0000

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Simon Byles wrote:

> Aha, thanks James, that explains why I couldn't seem to make it work. :)
> Is there any chance of putting something like "auto-reconnect" into the
> viewer in a future version? Then the viewer would just pause and carry
> on, a bit like, say, irc does. Just a thought.

Probably not - you'd still have to go through the authentication phase, so
you'd gain very little in having a Reconnect option.  Also, there's no way
to tell why the server closed the connection - whether it was because the
resolution had changed or some other reason.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000