tool for vnc server activity??

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:55:12 +0000

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Niels Hansa wrote:

> Is there a tool for monitorng VNC Server Activity on a WinNT Server?
> I know "netstat -a" does it, and combined with "grep :5900" works
> better, but I would love to have a GUI View thing that lists al current
> connections an allows to kill selectively....
> Also a log file for winvnc would be nice. I know I could also implement
> this via netstat, but still it would be nice.

WinVNC has logging options, available by editing the DebugMode and
DebugLevel registry settings for the desired machine.  At log level 2,
some limited details of connects and disconnects are available.

There's no GUI tool to monitor such things at the moment, though.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000