VNC Server through inetd

Warden, Christian cwarden "at" visa.com
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 18:43:04 +0000

i'm starting Xvnc from xdm..just put something like the following in
Xservers:
:1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/Xvnc :1 -desktop 'X' -httpd
/usr/share/vnc/classes -rfbwait 120000 -rfbauth /root/.vnc/passwd
-rfbport 5901 -fp tcp/localhost:7100 -geometry 820x550 -depth 32

i give up the mobility of vnc by having Xvnc die after the user
disconnects..

imho, the ideal solution would be to have a process that prompts for
username/password and connects the user to a running Xvnc program if
s/he already has one running or spawns a new Xvnc if not..

xn