Preliminary OPENSTEP VNC client: looking for testers

David Young dwy "at" picasso.eng.ace.net
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 05:45:00 +0000

--NeXT-Mail-1311817871-3

I've written a client for OPENSTEP/Mach (that spiffy NeXT OS) for VNC.

It currently supports display at 24, 12, and 8 bpp, mouse and =
mostly-functional keyboard input (ASCII and control characters work; the =
mapping isn't yet complete and I'm looking for suggestions on how to =
complete it), and some other client-side niceties. Encodings other than raw =
are on their way, as is NSPasteboard integration.

I'm looking for users (preferably with VNC and OPENSTEP experience) who can =
bang on this client on original NeXT boxes, Intel machines, or =
SPARCstations running OPENSTEP 4.2, or just people who might find it useful =
at this early state.

Also, to the VNC team: thanks for finally producing a "simple" protocol =
that actually is. What's the next step for contributed clients like this =
(once I'm outta beta, that is...)

Dave

---
david young -=A0dwy "at" ace.net -=A0http://www.ace.net

[...]