VNC Server through inetd

Stephen Anderson stephen.anderson "at" planet.net.uk
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:21:10 +0000

> the other thought i was having is this: is it possible to set up vnc
> server to work like xdm?... to present a login screen, rather than being
> run under an individual user account.

Look at the options on Xvnc -query, -broadcast and -indirect . You'll need
to be running xdm on your machine, but vnc will then talk to that. This is
exactly how I use it. Of course, for full functionality, the vnc password
should then change to the one for the logged-in user, so you'd have to
write something to handle that, somehow.

Stephen.