A request on WinVNC

Simon Byles simon "at" ima.org.uk
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:20:56 +0000

In fact PCAnywhere (which is vaguely similar) does both of these. So
before I tried it, I thought that's what Disable Remote... was. I always
worry about using options to disable local like this though, in case the
remote machine dies and you can't access the "serving" machine locally
at all. (Mine is the office server so I have to be extra careful :) )
Also it means if someone else connects from remote while you are using
the machine locally you are locked out. Great as an April Fools but
really annoying any other time :)

But if these issues were addressed together, it would be useful to a lot
of users I'm sure.

Regards,

Simon.