vncviewer ( unix )

James Michael Keller jmkeller "at" radix.net
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:43:49 +0000

I'm having problems getting the viewer to work on my system.  the
Windows viewer -> Unix Server works fine, and Java ( in netscape ) ->
Windows Server works fine as well.

I try 'vncviewer -display 0 -truecolour tardis:0' from an xterm in X
running Xdisplay 0 (even forced it with -- :0 ) it presents the password
for the server dialog - then tries to finish connecting and launch the
viewer and it craps out and says it failed to connected to the display.

I tried it in a diferent VT session and it still wouldn't start up the
viewer in the running X session.

Any clues?  I have all my windows stuff on this workstation and it's
living headless in another room - so I can avoid booting into NT on this
system - which drops the network - just to work on some web pages in
FrontPage 98.)

--
---