moving apps from one vnc viewer to another

jeff covey jeff.covey "at" pobox.com
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:31:43 +0000

hello, all!  good to be with you.

i just started using vnc this week, and i had a question for you:

is it possible to start up multiple copies of the linux vncserver and
then move apps between them?

i was interested in the idea of running all my essential apps (i.e.,
emacs) on vnc, even on the same machine, so that when i move to
another machine/building/city i can pick up where i left off.  i'd
like to try this, but only if i could move apps from one vnc session
to another.  i'd want a couple of different vnc servers running, one
for local use and one for remote; i'm not going to use an 8bit 640x480
display at home just because it will be faster when i'm connecting
over a phone line from somewhere.  if i could transfer all my apps to
the less snazzy display for remote use and then transfer them back
when i get home, i'd be sold.

| jeff covey jeff.covey "at" pobox.com http://pobox.com/~jeff.covey/ 410-669-4926 |
|        windows: where do you want to go... wait, let me reboot first.      |