New Version of WinVNC No Longer Hidden?

Titus 'Jim Beam' Chiu titus "at" phillip.forest.nsw.gov.au
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 06:10:20 +0000

> The following trick prevents the VNCserver icon from appearing in the t=
ray:
>=20
> 1.-Add WinVNC.exe to the StartUp folder.
> 2.-Edit the shortcut by adding at the end of path "-service"
>     (my setup looks like this: "C:\Program Files\ORL\VNC\WinVNC.exe" -s=
ervice)
>=20
> 3.-Voil=E1...winserver works as a service, and it hidden from the tray.
>=20
> It works the same for WinNT and Win95.

cool, except someone has to login before the service is started. i kinda =
like
the idea of being able to reboot the machine from remote, and be able to
reconnect as soon as the machine gets back to the login prompt.

regards
titus

--=20
Titus 'Jim Beam' Chiu		       Phone: +61-2-9980-4380
Manager, GIS Database and Systems      email: titus "at" forest.nsw.gov.au
GIS Unit, Forest Policy and Programs,  "Don't drink and drive home,
State Forests of NSW                   get stoned and fly home!" quote, m=
e!