New Version of WinVNC No Longer Hidden?

Titus 'Jim Beam' Chiu titus "at"
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 06:10:20 +0000

> The following trick prevents the VNCserver icon from appearing in the t=
> 1.-Add WinVNC.exe to the StartUp folder.
> 2.-Edit the shortcut by adding at the end of path "-service"
>     (my setup looks like this: "C:\Program Files\ORL\VNC\WinVNC.exe" -s=
> 3.-Voil=E1...winserver works as a service, and it hidden from the tray.
> It works the same for WinNT and Win95.

cool, except someone has to login before the service is started. i kinda =
the idea of being able to reboot the machine from remote, and be able to
reconnect as soon as the machine gets back to the login prompt.

Titus 'Jim Beam' Chiu		       Phone: +61-2-9980-4380
Manager, GIS Database and Systems      email: titus "at"
GIS Unit, Forest Policy and Programs,  "Don't drink and drive home,
State Forests of NSW                   get stoned and fly home!" quote, m=

The VNC mailing list     -   see