New Version of WinVNC No Longer Hidden?

Samuel Cantu samcantu "at" express-news.net
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:45:17 +0000

The following trick prevents the VNCserver icon from appearing in the tra=
y:

1.-Add WinVNC.exe to the StartUp folder.
2.-Edit the shortcut by adding at the end of path "-service"
    (my setup looks like this: "C:\Program Files\ORL\VNC\WinVNC.exe" -ser=
vice)

3.-Voil=E1...winserver works as a service, and it hidden from the tray.

It works the same for WinNT and Win95.

Saludos,

Samuel Cantu

James [Wez] Weatherall wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Roger Felts wrote:
>
> > That didn't work for me : (
>
> The tray icon is now usually displayed even when running as a service. =
 It