winvnc 3.3.2 vs winvnc 3.3.2r2

Titus 'Jim Beam' Chiu titus "at" phillip.forest.nsw.gov.au
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 14:30:40 +0000

Hi there.. I'm a new subscriber of vnc.. i downloaded and installed
3.3.2 not too long ago.. and hit the 8bit colour problem. 3.3.2r2
fixed this, but has bought a new problem. With 3.3.2 running as a service
under Win95(B), I was able to boot the machine up, and as soon as the
login prompt appears, connect using vncviewer remotely. With 3.3.2r2,
this behavior seems to have changed. I cannot connect remotely until
I login on the console. However, if I logout subsequently, I can disconnect
and connect using vncviewer at the login prompt. Has anyone else noticed
this behavior? Is is correct? (I hope not). I also experienced the
"appearing tray icon" when installing as per reported by others, but the
tray icon disappeared for me when rebooted.

regards
titus

--
Titus 'Jim Beam' Chiu		       Phone: +61-2-9980-4380
Manager, GIS Database and Systems      email: titus "at" forest.nsw.gov.au