Win95 server and Dos Apps

Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:26:54 +0000

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Darin Duphorne wrote:

> I need to run a Dos app on Win95 from a remote client.  It launches fine,
> but the Dos window isn't displayed in the client. It is shown on the
> server's screen, though.

Dos boxes can't be hooked properly, so VNC has to fall back into a polling
mode to support them.  Check that you have Poll Foreground Window or Poll
Window Under Cursor checked in the Properties for WinVNC and that Poll
Console Windows Only is checked.  Then, when the console window is
selected/the mouse is over it, it should update correctly.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000