inetd and ssh for VNC???

Matthias Morche Matthias.Morche "at" sat1.de
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:17:56 +0000

Stephen P. Wilson wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to wrapper VNC through inetd? - I have
>    /etc/hosts.allow, and hosts.deny set up to allow only the machines I
>    want to connect to my unix box set up - but it seems that anyone is
>    allowed to access the vnc ports - is there any way I can stop just
>    anyone on the network accessing vnc when I'm running it?

I'm not quiet shure, but it should be possible to configure inetd to
start a vncserver from a special port -> /etc/services /etc/inetd.conf.
But maybe vncserver doesn't make use of the already running connection
that inetd tries to propagate.

  Matthias