inetd and ssh for VNC???

Bunicula bunicula "at"
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:41:47 +0000

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Stephen P. Wilson wrote:

> Hi,
> Forgive me if these questions seems kind of vague - but I'm not 100%
> sure that I know what I'm talking about... ;)

neither am i, so we'll get along fine...
>    windows) - but I'm having some problems - is there any way to force
>    vnc to listen on a user-specified port? - 'cause I'll expect it to
>    start on 5901, and it'll start on 5902 - so I restart ssh, this time
>    set up for port 5902, and it'll start on 5903... etc... - I'd rather

this one i'm pretty sure i know. the server runs on port 590x, where x is
the screen it is set to... so if you start up vncserver, it will
run on port 5907, whereas server runs on port 5902. so to
control the port, just make sure to start it on the same screen.

brian anderson
happy vnc user

The VNC mailing list     -   see