colormaps and keycodes

Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:45:09 +0000

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Marty Leisner wrote:

> My client is linux, my server
> is winnt 4.0pl3 (there doesn't seem to be a version option in the
> client) and the server is 3.3.2.
>
> When I enter "@" (shift-2), I get a 2.
>
> Also, the colormaps seem a bit screwed up (I'm using
> a 16 bit map on X, and an 8 bit map on the PC).  Yes
> lots of text is unreadable in some applications
> (In Internet explorer, the PC screen has a light-grey scribble over
> the options that is barely noticeable, the Linux VNC viewer converts
> this to red.) [I can send image files if it would help...]

Firstly, you should upgrade to version 3.3.2 R2 of WinVNC, which will be
available within the next few days.  There were some palette problems in
WinVNC which caused such mis-representations of the display to occur.  If
the update doesn't help then let me know and I'll we'll try to reproduce
the problem here and hopefully fix it!

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000