colormaps and keycodes

Marty Leisner leisner "at" sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:57:30 +0000

My client is linux, my server
is winnt 4.0pl3 (there doesn't seem to be a version option in the
client) and the server is 3.3.2.

When I enter "@" (shift-2), I get a 2.

Also, the colormaps seem a bit screwed up (I'm using
a 16 bit map on X, and an 8 bit map on the PC).  Yes
lots of text is unreadable in some applications
(In Internet explorer, the PC screen has a light-grey scribble over
the options that is barely noticeable, the Linux VNC viewer converts
this to red.) [I can send image files if it would help...]

marty		leisner "at" sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Don't  confuse education with schooling.
	Milton Friedman to Yogi Berra