VNC in a production environment

Matthew Hannigan mha73 "at" qantas.com.au
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:36:18 +0000

Does anyone on the list depend on VNC in an vital production
context?

I am considering using VNC in production, possibly as an
additional method for remote management of NT.

Does anyone have any comments?   In particular:

1. Has the use of VNC ever reduced the stability of NT? For instance
	has it ever locked or corrupted the real console or crashed NT?
2. Has VNC ever not responded to a remote request (e.g. has it
	been known to die prematurely when run as a service)?
3. Does there exist commercial support for VNC by anyone?

and finally what is everyones subjective or objective impression of
the reliability of VNC.

Any comments welcome.

If you like, send the comments to me and I will summarise and
reply to the list.

--
	-Matt