Using vnc like winframe

Roger Felts rfelts "at" gte.net
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:51:53 +0000

The original respondant was incorrect:  NT * is* multiuser, it's just
that most NT software does not take advantage of this.  Something like
Exceed gives you a few remoteable utilities.  WinFrame / Hydra (the
TSE) attempt to make "ordinary" NT software remoteable.  For the most
part, they succeed.

But since WinFrame / TSE are doing much more than just exporting the
display, VNC does not currently match their capabilities.  Not that it
couldn't, just that it doesn't.

On Wednesday, July 22, 1998 10:49 AM, Wolfhardt Lotz wrote:

> >     Niels> Hi!  I was wondering if there is any way of using winvnc
like a
> >     Niels> winframe server.  Meaning letting ppl have their own
custom

> > Hallo,
> >
> > that is not possible. NT is _not_ multiuser. WinFrame tries to make
NT